Friday, December 18, 2009

What would happen if I colored my hair yesterday then used a clarifying shampoo two days later?

Just curious. I'm trying to think of ways to get the boldness of the color washed out.What would happen if I colored my hair yesterday then used a clarifying shampoo two days later?
Not much.What would happen if I colored my hair yesterday then used a clarifying shampoo two days later?
Was it a permanent color? I worked in salons for years, and what always worked for us to get bad (permanent) color out was regular dishsoap. It's harsh enough to strip out a good amount of any bad color job. Just make sure you have a really good conditioner to put on after, and understand that it might need toning afterwards too.
If you want the color to be less obvious then wash it now.. and more often than you would normally. Aside from helping your scalp and hair regain some of the natural oils dyeing strips away, waiting to wash your hair helps it to finish penetrating the hair shaft , making the color last longer. If you do wash it right away just make sure to use a good amount of conditioner, perferably in shower and leave in and to not style it with heat to prevent breakage and split ends. Of course the hair dye will naturally fade a bit the next week or two so you might want to wait it out. I dye my hair red and the first week is always a bit to bold for me but it tones down and then i'm happy with the results. You might also think about shampoo for brunette hair, as it would help darken blond hair and tone down red hair... If it's a less standard color i would stick with simply washing it .
It should help slightly to take a little of the color out. I think even with just using a regular shampoo, your color will tone down after a week or so. Also depends what color you used. Red tends to fade faster than most hair colors. Also don't over wash either because you will dry out your hair %26amp; scalp; conditioner!

No comments:

Post a Comment