Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's the best clarifying shampoo/conditioner combo that I could get at a normal store (not a salon)?

HI - I am trying to figure out what shampoo to try next. My hair is long, very thick and heavy - and my hair gets a lot of build up from products that no matter how much I'm rinsing they just don't rinse clean and by morning my head feels gross. I've tried pantene, suave, tresemme, herbal essences, head and shoulders, pert plus... no idea what else to try. a friend suggested a clarifying shampoo so before I send my huby to store I figured I'd find out what works good. He'll be going to Walmart - so nothing you can only get ni a salon will work..... Thx :)What's the best clarifying shampoo/conditioner combo that I could get at a normal store (not a salon)?
baking soda %26amp; Giovanni 50/50. I have long hair and it is particular. Tried just about everything and a hairdresser at a salon gave me the tip. In the shower put the soap in your hand and add 1 tsp baking soda. It works great, make sure to lather really well, us more shampoo if necessary. Use the 50/50 conditioner until you notice your hair balancing out. These are organic products ( a mega plus) and they work the best I have ever used (and I've used what you used) They ranger around $7 a bottle but they are very worth it, espcially for hair like ours. IF wal mart doesn't carry it try your local drug store or higher end supermarket chain. Any supermarket with a organic section should have it.What's the best clarifying shampoo/conditioner combo that I could get at a normal store (not a salon)?
The best is Dove. I also have long thick hair and it is hard to find shampoo that is a good and a great price. I use moisturizing shampoo (the label is blue).If you like it you can go on their web site and Dove will send you some awsome coupons. Good Luck! :) Report Abuse

try Neutrogena, it's known for taking product build-up out of hair.





They make a clarifying shampoo and they say it will take up to 90% of the build up from other shampoos and style products.





good luck
Neutragena makes one. Vinegar works too...so does beer!
Suave has a nice clarifying shampoo and so do many of the other brands such as Alberto, White Rain. Most shampoos today are in the proper pH range except for the really inexpensive ones. Clarifying are used to strip the hair clean and may be a bit drying if used regularily. Possibly you need a shampoo for normal to oily hair because Pantene is used by many people with very dry hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment