Thursday, December 24, 2009

What's a good clarifying shampoo?

I have really oily roots and by the end of the day my hair smells really musty. I am self concious to hug people because I'm afraid my hair'll smell just really disgusting. Does anyone recommend a good clarifying shampoo that will clear up my hair? What are some tips to prevent bad-smelling hair?





PS: I wash my hair every day.What's a good clarifying shampoo?
Ok here is the thing, it is a total myth that you are not supposed to wash your hair everyday, you absolutely can. I personally reccomend a daily washing. However, if you use clarifier daily it is going to dry the rest of your hair out and if you are color treated it will eventually strip out some of your color. So I would say use a clarifier 1-2 times a week (try Paul Mitchell's Shampoo 3 or Tea Tree Special Shampoo, or Shampoo 2 is not as harsh as the others above) and then on the ';off days'; use Paul Mitchell's The Wash. The wash is a moisture balancing shampoo that will only impart moisture where it is most needed, so your roots shouldn't see a lot of moisture there. And the follow it up with Paul Mitchell's The Rinse. The rinse is a very light moisture balancing conditioner. It will help keep the rest of your hair in shape and not looking so dried and fried from the frequent use of clarifiers.What's a good clarifying shampoo?
Well i have the same sort of problem. I wash my hair everyday but it takes the goodness out of my hair and drys it out.





I use an asda apple shampoo.





Cheap shampoos are pretty good.





But if you wash you hair everyday its not good so you should not us condition everytime because it kind of eats at your hair/wares it down. So try using conditioner erevery other day.





Smelly fruity conditioners are great as they leave your hair smelling fruity and nice.





Hope i helped :-)
anything with camomile
Use Head%26amp;Shoulders





PS: don't wash your hair everyday, BAD IDEA.eeekk.


you're only supposed to wash it twice every week!
I'm looking for a good shampoo that will help me clarify some of the ludicrous questions asked on this service, and the even more ludicrous answers
Neutrogena makes a really good clarifying shampoo. Also Bath and Body works makes a spray for hair (or they did). I bought it a few years ago for my stepmother thinking it was regular body spray. But that could help with the musty problem. Also, washing your hair with a shampoo that strips moisture out will cause your scalp to freak out and produce more oils to protect it. Try using a mild soap like a baby shampoo that doesn't strip out the oils in your scalp!


Good Luck!
Go to this site:


http://www.aveda.com/index.tmpl?ngextred鈥?/a>





find your nearest location, and go there!


believe me every product they have is well worth every penny!
try patine clarifying shampoo you can find it at any CVS or Walgreen's
nuetrogena
use camomile shampoo
head and shoulder


dove makes it more oily cause has moisture in it
scruples clarifying shampoo. Only sold in salons. look on computer for supplier.
Nexxus AloeRid gets rid of impurities and is good for daily use.
girl, i suggest you go to the nearest derm clinic in your area, it is best that you get examined and get the straight answers for the cause of your oily scalp. bathing everyday/shampooing seems to cause no change. so before you try any new shampoo on the market pay a visit to the derm clinic to end your problems. so you can get back and pump up your social life. good luck and hey its only temporary its curable.
Nioxin
I would try to use baby shampoo. Especially since you wash your hair every day. It is much more gentle than regular ones.


I am not sure if it will fix your particular problem but it definately will help. It helped me
well my sister is a hair dresser and she prefers bed head its really good on any type of hair what every u do not use suave its ok but cant help your hair stay clean and bed head helps you strightin your hair i love it
look what that clarifying crap has done for me.


Stop, Don't use it. Be Bald girls Isn't easy. Inow use sun block on my head.
you buy shampoo%26amp; choudshier
like i told someone eles on here docter meracles iz the way to go
My favorite is L'AvanteGarde Clean Canvas. I buy it at the hair salon. You use it once a week and it's fabulous! Your hair just shines and feels so smooth afterwards. But it's only to remove product, not really for oily hair.


Have you thought of using a dandruff shampoo on your oily hair? Even if you don't have dandruff, it will help control the oil . And Neutrogena's T-Gel shampoo is FABULOUS for oily hair.
herbal essences
I also wash my hair everyday--it is very fine and if I don't wash it, it gets oily and gross, so I can relate! I have been using Pantene's Ice Shine line and it does a great job of cleaning my hair and it smells really good! I use the shampoo and conditioner.





Make sure that when you are washing your hair, use the shampoo on the roots (mostly) then rinse thoroughly. Then, use conditioner on the ends and work your way up. If this continues to be a problem, I would consult a dermatologist, because that doesn't sound right. Also, make sure your hair is thoroughly dry before putting it in a ponytail or whatever. Wet hair can smell funny sometimes.
Washing your hair every day could be the problem. It dries out your scalp, and it could be trying to compensate for that by creating more oil.Try washing every other day and see what happens. It might take a week or so for your scalp to adjust (this may or may not work).





When you do shampoo, make sure you lather, rinse and repeat, leaving the shampoo on your head AT LEAST five minutes each time. Shampoo really does work better that way.





I would try a good clarifying shampoo once a week. I recommend anything that can be bought at a salon---not something that you buy at Wal-Mart. You might even want to try an anti-dandruff shampoo once a week.





A couple of other things you can do is to combat the oil is using apple cider vinegar as a rinse...it works wonders to remove anything left over from shampooing and conditioning (it smells bad, so make sure you rinse with water afterwards). Lemon juice and distilled water also makes an excellent rinse to combat oiliness.





If you still have trouble with oil at the end of the day , do a temporary 'dry' shampoo by sprinkling a tiny amount of talcum powder (I recommend Zeasorb-AF) onto your hair one section at a time. Rub the powder first onto the scalp, then through the hair with your fingers. Not only will it absorb the oil but it will also freshen up your hair. Don't use too much or it will make your hair look white and dull.
herbal essences any type. And dove melon %26amp; cucumber conditioner
Dove is really good.
Have you ever gone to a hair dresser. They sell all kinds of profesional shampoo. I have to same problem and all I had to do was go buy the real shampoo. If you buy shampoo from just any store like walmart or zeller or any thing like that the shampoo %26amp; condtioner is full of wax and it just coats your hair that is why it feels so soft it doesnt clean you hair it just adds crap to you hair.
Nexus is the best. They have a specifi clarifying shampoo. Works and smells great.
most people dont wash their hair that often if u can wash it everyother day or twice a week! sounds wierd but washing less helps grease etc. i found alberto balsam to be awsome clarifying shampoo leaves u shiney and smells gorgous wiv loadsa flavours!
  • myspace tweaks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment