Thursday, January 7, 2010

HARD WATER and HAIR... clarifying shampoo DOES ANYONE KNOW?

about last year we moved into a new house in fort worth with extremely hard water but my hair was actually fine until about April of last year when i used a vitmain packed shampoo and i belive that all of the shampoo didnt wash out becuas eof the hard water and it caued my hair to be dry but then later on that month my hair began to start breaking and we tried everything to fix it but it just got worst it even became thin a few weeks ago in school we learned about hard water so i did some research and learned that extremely hard water can be very harsh on your hair now im trying to reverse the affects that this hard water has caused so what can i do ive heard of using distilled water instead and usong a clarifying shampoo if anyone knows i would greatly apreciate your answer i want to save my hair!!!!!!!!HARD WATER and HAIR... clarifying shampoo DOES ANYONE KNOW?
Yikes! Okay, I live in Oregon, same scenerio with water - some area's have higher iron amounts than others - anyways, to deal with the extremities I use a filter in my showerhead - it removes the impurities and the extra iron which makes my baby fine hair look like a brillo pad when I exit the shower!





Your question about clarifying shampoo - try this instead - it's a trick I learned from my mom - put a 1/4 to 1 cup baking soda directly in your shampoo bottle. The amount depends on the size of your bottle. Or, what I do is lather my hair, then add a palmful of baking soda on my head once or twice a month. It seems to really strip the product left over off my hair without paying a lot for clarifying shampoo.





Another trick is to use warm to cold water when rinsing hair as it closes the hair shaft.





I would also use a daily leave-in conditioner and minimize styling products.





Last but not least - take vitamins and drink plenty of water =)HARD WATER and HAIR... clarifying shampoo DOES ANYONE KNOW?
If you can find it where you live , try the Shauma shampoo, its anti lime and anti hard water! I use it and its great, they have shampoo and conditioners also.Shauma is german, it is a product of Schwarzkopf, they really have good products.I wish you good luck, i know how important hair is, i love mine alot and i also try to take care of it as much as i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment