Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does Pantene Pro-V Clarifying shampoo cause hairloss ?

hey guys, for months ive been thinning badly, my scalp right before the thinning had become overly greasy, and i had to wash sometimes twice a day as i looked like someone had poured Vaseline all over me.





i've been using Head and shoulders (sensitve scalp) and a PTO tea tree oil and it has helped quite a bit but im still thinning slightly due to build up on my scalp.





So i bought Pantene Pro-V Clarifying shampoo hoping it may clean the scalp good, but ive been reading all over the net of people suffering hairloss from pantene products ? :S





So a really dont wanna lose any more hair, does anyone know if the calrifying range from pantene causes hairloss ?





thanksDoes Pantene Pro-V Clarifying shampoo cause hairloss ?
From what you describe I would suggest you go see a dermatologist and have them take a look at your scalp. Something is wrong if your getting that greasy that quick.





I'm also curious as to why you would use a tea tree oil on your scalp if you are using a shampoo for sensitive scalp... tea tree oil is anything but gentle... frankly I might wonder if your scalp is having a reaction to the tea tree oil...





Pantene or any other shampoo isn't going to cause hair loss unless your allergic to something in it... if you are so concerned about a shampoo hurting your hair, then start using baby shampoo.





First step is stop using the tea tree stuff... next step go see a doctor and have him check out your scalp, if you've jacked it up enough with the tea tree oil you might actually require a steroid medication to get your scalp to stop reacting as it is.Does Pantene Pro-V Clarifying shampoo cause hairloss ?
pantene is a good product you are just using the wrong ones...the clarifying shampoo is used for when for example..you are planning to get a treatment done but you use a lot of junk in your hair,, you would then use the clarifying shampoo to ';clarify'; you hair of anything thats getting in the way of the treatment doing its job ..its not an everyday use shampoo. check this out http://www.pantene.com/jsp/category/cate鈥?/a>





thats the list of shampoos.. i suggest the Moisture Renewal Shampoo


good luck
Dont use Pantene!


when you use pantene you


';think'; your getting your hair washed


of all the stuff but its actually very bad for your


hair.it's not removing the stuff its putting it


in so dont use pantene.go ask someone


at a salon about it and they'll say the samething.


it really doesnt work for my hair anyways.
Pantene is my favorite shampoo. I have been using it for years but i never loss massive amounts of hair. Every shampoo, you use will lead to losing some hair in the shower. Good luck and if you think your gonna lose hair don't use it.
Don't know but my thinning hair has improved by Aveda prloducts my hair has improved no end. P..S no advert nonsense
Pantene is a very very harsh shampoo!! Not sure about the hair loss..
Any shampoo with sodium laureth sulfate in the ingredients is a harsh shampoo. This includes Pantene and just about every well known ';brand name'; on the market. I used Pantene before I researched ingredients and found out the hard way, like you, that this shampoo is terrible. Sodium laureth sulfate is a very harsh detergent that is better suited to washing a car than delicate hair. It is always the 2nd ingredient listed in the list.





I use organic shampoos now that are vegan and/or say ';SULFATE FREE';. A little more expensive, but I wash my hair every other day as well so I don't mind paying a bit more for shampoo.





Try Burt's Bees, Soma, Jonathan's, Pureology, Giovanni. These are are the top that I can think of at the moment. I have used them all at times LOL Yes I am a little anal about my hair and shampoos now!





My hair is much healthier, shiny, and less breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment